1/1 Photo of Low Fat Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
A tasty version of a high-fat favorite! Enjoy with whole wheat pasta for a healthy meal. Substitute vegetable bouillon grandules for a vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb eggplant, sliced & peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Peel and slice eggplant into 1/2 slices.
- 3Spray both sides with cooking spray and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- 4sprinkle with half of the salt and garlic powder.
- 5Bake 20 minutes, turning the eggplant halfway through cooking time.
- 6In a sauce pan, saute minced garlic in cooking spray until lightly browned.
- 7Add tomato sauce, italian seasoning, oregano, and bouillon granules.
- 8Reduce heat under pan to very low and cover.
- 9Remove eggplant from baking sheet.
- 10In a small baking dish, spread a thin layer of sauce. Add one layer of eggplant, another of sauce and so on until all eggplant is used.
- 11Finish with a layer of sauce. Top with cheeses and bake until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Eggplant (Aubergine) Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 1469.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: