I've been making this most every Sunday for the last couple of years. Sunday is "Crepe Day" at our house, as my daughter calls it. She wakes up every weekend morning and asks "Is it Crepe day?" and gets excited when it is. I originally started using a recipe from recipezaar as the base, but I've modified it significantly enough that I decided to post the modified version. The original recipe can be found at: http://www.recipezaar.com/55172, written by love4culinary, http://www.recipezaar.com/member/69838.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
Fruit Filling (optional ( Jam can be used instead))
- 1Fruit Filling:.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup water, splenda, and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- 3Make sure the splenda and cornstarch dissolves.
- 4Add the frozen fruit and heat over medium to medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Takes approximately 7 minutes, until the berries are defrosted and the sauce thickens.
- 7Mix the dry ingredients (flour, splenda, and cocoa powder, if used) with a whisk, making the powder as fine and mixed as possible.
- 8Add the skim milk and egg substitute.
- 9Mix the ingredients with the whisk, removing as many lumps as possible.
- 10Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray.
- 11Heat the frying pan over medium heat.
- 12When the frying pan is hot, pour about 1/3rd cup of batter into one side of the frying pan, and tilt the pan to spread it across the pan.
- 13If the batter cooks before you can spread it, then the pan is too hot.
- 14Only use enough batter to thinly cover the pan.
- 15When the top of the crepe bubbles and looks dry, the crepe is done. Remove it from the pan.
- 16Add the fruit filling and roll the crepe around it.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Chocolate Crepes With Raspberry Filling
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 13.6 g