Recipe by kittycatmom
Yummy Cheesecake with a fraction of the fat! From Sunset Magazine.
Top Review by jennjean76
Absolutely loved this recipe! I am an avid cheesecake lover, but have agonized over all the calories and fat in just one slice. This cheesecake was really delicious and I could eat two slices in one day and not feel guilty. Yahoo! I will definitely make this again.
- 2⁄3 cup about 3 oz. reduced-fat chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs and melted butter. Pat evenly over bottom and about 3/4 inch up the side of a removable-rim 8-inch cheesecake or cake pan (at least 1 3/4 inches deep).
- In a food processor or bowl, whirl or beat cream cheese, milk, egg whites, and vanilla until very smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle batter with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in a 350° oven until cake jiggles only slightly in the center when gently shaken, about 30 minutes.
- Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Refrigerate cake, uncovered, until cool, at least 2 1/2 hours. Serve, or if making ahead, wrap airtight when cool and chill up to 2 days. Remove pan rim and cut cake into wedges.