Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great cake for those watching their weight, it's moist & full of flavour but doesn't contain any oil or eggs, it gets it moisture from the fruit & juice. You can also sneak some zucchini in for extra veggie content & some crushed pineapple if you like.
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored & diced
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Place carrot, apple, sultanas & apricots in a saucepan. Add water juices, sugar & cinnamon & bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes Set aside to cool.
- Fold sifted flours and soda through fruit mixture, add bananas.
- Spoon mixture into a 10cm x 20cm greased loaf tin and bake at 180°C for 50-60 minutes or until cooked when tested.
This was really good. I had my doubts when putting it together, no eggs , no oil how is this going to work.I didnt have apricots so I used mixed candied peel lol you use what you have I guess. This was moist and tasty. Had a hard time getting enough left on the plate to take a picture. I brought a piece to a daughter and she asked for the recipe. Thank you so much for this Mandy I will make this often.