Recipe by mickeydownunder
Inspired by magazine, TRUE! Then lowered the fat too! Surprised was MOIST as can be! Even though is my recipe, is a KEEPER for me!
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Used low fat parm cheese, GRATED carrot, zucchini and lemon rind.
- Preheat oven 180°.
- Whisk together sour cream, egg and egg whites until smooth.
- Grate in carrot, zucchini, lemon rind and add chives and parm cheese.
- NOTE: These can be made as "mini" or I used a rectangular mini muffin pan; the choice is yours.
- If doing mini, bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Other muffin tins take longer but bake until golden brown and when knife comes out clean, are done!
- Serve with rocket, feta and tomato.