Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend of mine who lives up north and grows her own blueberries developed this when she decided to go on a diet.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon gelatin
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 fat-free pound cake
Blueberry Honey Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine lemon gelatin with 2 cups boiling water, stirring constantly until completely dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries and the yogurt until smooth.
- Cut the cake into 14 (1/2-inch) slices.
- Cut each slice into 3 × 1-inch rectangles.
- Arrange rectangles upright around edge of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Arrange remaining pieces to cover bottom of pan.
- Spoon in blueberry-yogurt filling.
- Scatter remaining 1/2 cup blueberries over top.
- Cover and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Serve with Blueberry Honey Sauce, if desired.
- To make the Blueberry Honey Sauce:.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Stir in blueberries and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to a blender container and whirl until smooth.
- Serve over Blueberry Lemon Charlotte or spoon over cut-up fruits.
The recipe didn't come out as neat as it sounds for me-- the yogurt/jello mix was very thin (not spoonable) and when poured into the pan, the cake on the bottom floated to the top. Also, cutting the cake as directed didn't leave enough to cover the bottom of the pan. It came out looking very strange. That said, it tastes great, even without making the sauce. This is the same exact version on the Blueberry Council website.
I about choked at the price of blueberries, but I buckled down...for the sake of Zaar of course. haha. BOY HOWDY am I glad I did. This is an excellent summer treat! DH spent the day taking down the chimney and this was so refreshing he threatened to eat the whole thing! I had to fight him off with a fork. We will make this again!