Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
Okay, this is not my recipe. This is a recipe that my sister has made and actually liked. I'm not to sure about it, but I guess it could be good.
Top Review by applee
Ok, this was good, but it did not taste like Tiramisu! This turned out more like a low-carb sponge cake and in that sense it was good. I would use this as a base for a low-carb tiramisu and maybe soak pieces of it in a coffee mixture and then layer pieces with Mascarpone cheese (sp?). Anyway, for a low-carb treat this was good. It is like a spongy merangue (sp?) and smelled like eggs when baking, but turned out alright
- unsalted butter, for the pan
- 4 ounces ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 15-by 10-by 1-inch pan with butter.
- Line with parchment paper and grease with butter again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- Combine the almonds, baking powder and salt.
- Separate the eggs.
- With an electric mixer, beat the yolks and Splenda with an electric mixer until thick and lemon coloured, 3-4 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Fold in the almonds.
- With a clean bowl and beaters, beat the egg whites to firm peaks.
- Stir 1/4 into the almond mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 of the remaining whites until barely combined and then the remaining 1/2 until thoroughly combined.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top springs back when pressed lightly.
- Let cool.