Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe I got off another site. It is a mix between an egg custard and a mousse. I haven't made this yet but I would add a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder to make it "mocha" instead of just coffee flavored. I'm guessing on the prep time and the "cooking" time is chill time before serving.
- 6 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups strong brewed coffee
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 pints heavy cream
- Combine egg yolks, splenda and coffee in top of double boiler.
- Cook until thickened to consistancy of a soft custard, remove from heat.
- Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup water, stir and add to coffee mixture.
- Stir and cool.
- Whip the cream and fold in gently.
- Pour into individual serving cups and chill.