Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sorry, I had not tried this recipe be for I posted it. When I did it really wasn't that good, in fact I had to throw it out. If I could delete it I would.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large stock pot, fill with enough water to cover squash.
- Cook until done, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large fry pan, fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 Tbsp of the drippings, and add the butter, when melted and garlic and sauté careful not to burn, set aside.
- When squash is cooked and cooled enough to handle.
- Cut the squash lengthwise and scrap another pan.
- Add butter mixture, eggs, cheese and parsley and give it a good toss.
- Stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Stir in tomatoes and bacon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Here's the deal. This is a great recipe. I make pretty much the same one all the time. 2 things you can do, 1) remove the seeds from the tomatoes before dicing them it will make everything less watery and 2) use 2 egg yolks instead of 4 whole eggs. I only use the yolks for richness and thickening purposes. I also add some sauteed mushrooms and onions and a dash of heavy cream plus a LOT more parmesan cheese. I really like my flavor combination.
Is it possible you've never eaten spaghetti squash? From a squash lover's point of view this recipe was great. I bake my squash rather than boil. Cut in half and bake at 350 until strands come off easily. Cutting the eggs down to two makes a big difference.
You poor thing! I saw the title of this recipe and thought it sounded good... before reading your comment. Thanks for the tip. LOL. Win some lose some. I have not made this. I am only rating it with five stars because any chef who apoligizes for a bad recipe to avoid others making the same mistake deserves them. Thumbs up, dear! There are two recipes of mine that I wish I could delete, also... but can't.