Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 12 mins
A cinnamon cookie treat for low carbers or people allergic to wheat flour. Cooking time includes the chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on
- medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add about half the flour, the 1 cup Splenda, the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in the remaining flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons Splenda and the cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls (should make about 30 balls).
- Roll balls in the Splenda-cinnamon mix and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes.
These were fantastic. Had to cook them a little longer than 10 min...I went 15....but they tasted just like the full carb kind! My son walked into the kitchen and said it smelled like christmas...Definitely a winner!
These cookies are pretty good considering they are low carb! A nice, light snack when you are craving something sweet.
OH-MY-GOSH! These taste even better than my sugary snickerdoodles. HANDS DOWN A KEEPER! Great work "Mercy!"