Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm so incredibly sick of broiled meat and a salad. I came up with this to satisfy my craving for comfort food, flavor rich food, gooey food. It's delicious. There are no tomatoes in it because it adds carbs, and my husband is allergic to them.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (veal, beef, pork)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 6 -9 low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a roomy skillet, brown the Italian sausage and meat loaf mix meat.
- Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and dried basil.
- Set aside.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, pepper, eggs, garlic salt, and pecorino romano cheese.
- Set aside.
- Place half the meat layer in the bottom of a lasagne or other casserole dish.
- Cover layer with 2 - 3 flour tortillas.
- Place half the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Place half the mozzarella cheese over this.
- Spread half the parmesan over the mozzarella.
- Repeat this process, beginning with the remaining meat mixture, tortillas, ricotta mixture, mozzarella and ending with parmesan.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until brown and bubbly.