1 hr 15 mins
I'm so incredibly sick of broiled meat and a salad. I came up with this to satisfy my craving for comfort food, flavor rich food, gooey food. It's delicious. There are no tomatoes in it because it adds carbs, and my husband is allergic to them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (veal, beef, pork)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 6 -9 low-carb whole wheat tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In a roomy skillet, brown the Italian sausage and meat loaf mix meat.
- 2Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and dried basil.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Combine the ricotta cheese, pepper, eggs, garlic salt, and pecorino romano cheese.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Place half the meat layer in the bottom of a lasagne or other casserole dish.
- 7Cover layer with 2 - 3 flour tortillas.
- 8Place half the ricotta cheese mixture on top of the tortillas.
- 9Place half the mozzarella cheese over this.
- 10Spread half the parmesan over the mozzarella.
- 11Repeat this process, beginning with the remaining meat mixture, tortillas, ricotta mixture, mozzarella and ending with parmesan.
- 12Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Satisfy My Craving for but Not Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.3
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 179.1 mg
- Sodium 1012.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese
low-carb whole wheat tortillas