Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my variation on a recipe I found on the Low Carb Luxury website. These muffins are a great way to enjoy "pizza" when you're on a reduced carb diet, and they are really nutritious to boot. I changed the ingredients to make the recipe a faster one by using garlic powder and canned tomatoes for easier prep.
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat gluten flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt, full-fat
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup canned tomato, diced and well-drained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter a 12 muffin pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine flours with baking powder. Set aside.
- Mix tomatoes, garlic, and herbs.
- In separate container beat eggs, yogurt and oil.
- Add cheese to the flour mixture, then add egg mixture until it forms a batter. Fold in tomatoes and herbs and transfer to muffin tins.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or till golden brown.
- Let muffins rest 5 minutes, remove from tins.
- Great warm right from the oven with a soup like split pea or lentil.