Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
Chili Rellano with soy flour batter.
Make and share this Low Carb Chili Rellano recipe from Food.com.
- Roasted Poblano Peppers Preparation:.
- Broil poblano peppers on high for 8 minutes on each side (Peppers can also be roasted in a deep fryer in 350 degree oil for 3-5 minutes or over an open flame.) Remove peppers from oil and place in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10 minutes. Peel pepper skin from pepper meat taking care not to remove pepper stem or rip pepper. Slice pepper vertically and remove seeds and veins. Pat with paper towel and stuff with 1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese (depending on size of pepper.) Place stuffed peppers on plate and put in freezer for one hour.
- Remove peppers from freezer. Batter each pepper and gently place in fryer. Fry until golden brown. Tip: Hold pepper with tongs 10 seconds before dropping in oil. It is better to undercook than overcook stuffed peppers. If they are still cold inside, place in 350-degree oven for 7 - 10 minutes. Serve on plate with 2 tablespoons Tomatillo Salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Batter Preparation: to coat 10 chilies.
- Make batter by beating 6 eggs with 2/3 cup soy flour until well blended with no lumps.