Recipe by 808segers
Chili Rellano with soy flour batter.
Top Review by Katie Y
This is my favorite way to enjoy low carb chili rellanos... I usually make my batter in the blender by blending all of the eggs and then adding the soy flour a bit at a time to prevent lumping. The blender container is tall, so it makes it easy to dip the chiles in the batter too.
Stuffed Poblano Chili
- 6 fresh poblano chiles
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup soy flour
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Roasted Poblano Peppers Preparation:.
- Broil poblano peppers on high for 8 minutes on each side (Peppers can also be roasted in a deep fryer in 350 degree oil for 3-5 minutes or over an open flame.) Remove peppers from oil and place in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 10 minutes. Peel pepper skin from pepper meat taking care not to remove pepper stem or rip pepper. Slice pepper vertically and remove seeds and veins. Pat with paper towel and stuff with 1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese (depending on size of pepper.) Place stuffed peppers on plate and put in freezer for one hour.
- Remove peppers from freezer. Batter each pepper and gently place in fryer. Fry until golden brown. Tip: Hold pepper with tongs 10 seconds before dropping in oil. It is better to undercook than overcook stuffed peppers. If they are still cold inside, place in 350-degree oven for 7 - 10 minutes. Serve on plate with 2 tablespoons Tomatillo Salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
- Batter Preparation: to coat 10 chilies.
- Make batter by beating 6 eggs with 2/3 cup soy flour until well blended with no lumps.