1/4 Photos of Low Carb Baked Spaghetti Squash With Garlic Sage Cream
A few simple ingredients transform this mild tasting vegetable into a memorable side dish. My whole family loves this, even kids and at only 2 grams of carbs per serving it is a great dish to beat back the pasta craving! It tastes alot like spaghetti alfredo. I usually serve this with grilled chicken. My girlfriend passed this recipe on to me, I have no idea where it came from. If you are watching carbs it has a net carb count of only 2 grams per serving. For those doing Atkins, use the heavy cream, for those on SBD use milk and add a wee bit of thickener if needed. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Prick squash in several places and bake 45 min until tender.
- 3Allow to cool slightly, cut in 1/2 and scoop out seeds.
- 4Pull out squash strands from each side with a fork.
- 5Transfer to a warm bowl.
- 6While squash is baking: Heat cream, garlic and sage in pan over med. heat.
- 7Cook 10 min until cream is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 8Pour sauce over squash, toss lightly until combined.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Baked Spaghetti Squash With Garlic Sage Cream
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g