Recipe by ~Leslie~
A few simple ingredients transform this mild tasting vegetable into a memorable side dish. My whole family loves this, even kids and at only 2 grams of carbs per serving it is a great dish to beat back the pasta craving! It tastes alot like spaghetti alfredo. I usually serve this with grilled chicken. My girlfriend passed this recipe on to me, I have no idea where it came from. If you are watching carbs it has a net carb count of only 2 grams per serving. For those doing Atkins, use the heavy cream, for those on SBD use milk and add a wee bit of thickener if needed. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti squash
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a press
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Prick squash in several places and bake 45 min until tender.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut in 1/2 and scoop out seeds.
- Pull out squash strands from each side with a fork.
- Transfer to a warm bowl.
- While squash is baking: Heat cream, garlic and sage in pan over med. heat.
- Cook 10 min until cream is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pour sauce over squash, toss lightly until combined.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.