Recipe by Secret Agent
For Carb Cravers - Make them one way for a dinner snack and another way for a dessert snack. They make up fast and you can re-use the fat. These helped me not miss munchies so much when I low carb. Make sure you read the tortilla packages to get the lowest net carbs so you can have a nice sized serving. The secret to success is to dress the chips while they are hot!
- 2 cups Crisco shortening, plain style
- 8 flour tortillas, high fiber, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Have your toppings measured out and in brown paper bags ready to shake the chips inches.
- Get the Crisco hot in a cast iron pan. When it is sizzling add the chips and turn them when they blister and bubble and get a toasty brown. Just remember to work fast and don't walk away from the pan. Drain on brown paper bags or paper towels (the bags seem to work best for this). Do not cool. Put them into the seasoning bags as you cook them and give them a shake, coating all.
- Serve warm.
- Make extras and serve with salsa, chopped olives and grated cheddar.