Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Perhaps "lower" calorie would be more accurate since total calories is based upon your ability to control your serving size. In any case this is an effort to reduce the total calories, and carbs, of the entire pie. If anyone has a simple recipe for a low carb savory crust please let me know.
- 4 cups mashed cauliflower
- 2⁄3 cup green beans
- 2⁄3 cup wax bean
- 2⁄3 cup baby carrots
- 8 ounces seasoned ground chuck
- 2 nine inch deep dish pie shells
- There are several great recipes here on Food for mashed cauliflower, pick your favorite.
- dice vegetables to 1/2" long pieces.
- brown ground chuck and add your favorite seasonings (I use salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic.
- Blind bake one pie shell for 8 minutes at 350°F.
- combine above ingredients in a bowl then transfer to baked pie shell and cover with second pie shell removing metal plate.
- cover outer edge of shells with aluminum foil.
- bake at 375F for 45 minutes then remove foil from edges and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- slice and enjoy.