- 2 lbs medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and garlic in large saucepan. Add enough water to cover; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer; uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes and garlic in medium bowl. Mash with potato masher or beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Stir with fork until just blended. Garnish with chives, if desired.