Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy, and can be made on the spur of the moment with what you may have in your pantry already. Tastes very rich, but it is low in calories. Enjoy it!
- Break graham crackers into pieces to line (bottom and sides of-) a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- There should be enough remaining crackers to make 2 more layers.
- Place one layer of crackers in pan; set remaining crackers aside.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions, using 3 cups of milk.
- After mixing, work quickly so it doesn't set up.
- Pour 1/3 pudding into pan, spreading evenly.
- Place layer of graham crackers on top.
- Put another 1/3 of pudding, then another layer of crackers.
- Top with the last of the pudding.
- Cover and chill overnight.
This is one of our favorite desserts and it's easy enough for the kids to make (if you use instant pudding). My grandma made it all the time when I was a kid. You can make it with instant pudding, or you can make stovetop pudding. We double or triple the recipe to fill a 9x13 casserole dish. The more layers the better, and leaving it overnight in the fridge is key.