Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I used lean ground turkey adding the diced veggies to it so no added oil is used. This has lots of flavor and nutrients. Let me tell you that it's so good you'll go into the fridge and sneak a bite of it cold. It seems like a lot of arugula but it cooks down to just look like a bunch of herbs. I find this a great way to get greens into my family. Go ahead and use spinach if you can't get arugula. Use to top any pasta, rice, lasagna, pizza or eat it straight. Do freeze the leftovers for soups or whatever you enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces arugula, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 60 ounces crushed tomatoes
- In a large pot heat to medium high.
- Add turkey and brown while breaking it up.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and cook till wilted and liquid is evaporated. Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper if needed.