Recipe by Italian Stallions Kitchen Extravaganza
I got this from Weight Watchers years ago but have forgotton how to make most of it, but I made my own version today and it rocked out loud.
Top Review by Diamondlil
A wonderful sandwich in less than 30 minutes that is full of flavor! The only thing I did different was that I used whole wheat pita which I split. I filled the pockets with the veggies and topped with the cheese. You save about 15 minutes of cooking time because you do not toast the pita.I WILL make this again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 portabella mushroom cap
- 5 leaves fresh basil, sliced thin
- 2 -4 leaves fresh basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 1 -2 zucchini
- 1 crooked neck squash
- 1 -2 sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 sheet focaccia bread, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle olive oil in frying pan.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Julienne thick slices of each vegetable.
- Add zucchini, red pepper and squash to apn and sauté until soft.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sauté until soft.
- Toast focaccia in oven at 350°F.
- When vegetables are cooked, place vegetables on one side of bread.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese.
- Place 1-2 sweet red peppers over veggies.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, place basil leaves on top of veggies and sandwich them between the bread.