Recipe by bluekrystal_2000
Delicious!!! Only word I can think of to describe this dish. This makes one serving.
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (like Egg-Beaters)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (or other fat level)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon promise low-fat butter
- 2 slices light bread
Caramel Apple Topping
- 1 granny smith apples or 1 golden delicious apple, unpeeled, washed, cleaned and diced into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup regular Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons promise low-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- French Toast:.
- In medium bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pre-heat non-stick skillet over low/medium heat.
- Gentle immerse one slice of bread at a time in the egg mixture and cover each side well.
- Place 1 Tbsp butter in skillet and allow to melt.
- Turn the skillet to coat the inside of the pan.
- Gently place one slice of egg covered bread into skillet.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown and gently turn.
- Allow to cook another 2- 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Since the bread was cooked in low-fat butter, the flavor is already there and no additional butter is necessary.
- Caramel Apple Topping:.
- Place Splenda brown sugar and Splenda regular in a non-stick skillet containing the butter and vanilla.
- Cook over medium high heat until all sugars are dissolved and the texture is smooth.
- Add in corn starch by sprinkling while quickly stirring mixture.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add apples, cook entire mixture over low/medium heat until apples are cooked tender, about 10-15 minutes Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Spoon topping over both slices of prepared French Toast.