Recipe by cipherbabe
Yummy, moist, low calories. From The Volumetrics Cookbook for Jenny Craig, by Barbara Rolls, Ph.D. Note: Use fresh blueberries; frozen makes batter too watery.
- 414.03 ml flour
- 177.44 ml light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 295.73 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 295.73 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 16-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sugar, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, applesauce, egg, oil, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Toss the blueberries in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour to lightly coat the berries.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until the batter is just moistened. Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes. Cool the muffins in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins and serve warm or at room temperature.