From FoodTv, one of the Malnati brother's gives this recipe. I use it for both deep dish and thin crust pizza. Makes a lot. I make the recipe, split into 4 pieces, freeze three then use one. The cornmeal makes it special and it is very very close to a real Lou Malnati's pizza. Sometimes I put the cornmeal on the bottom of the pan before putting in the dough, sometimes I mix it right into the dough. * I just noticed a 1 star review, the only review, complaining there was no corneal in the recipe written by someone who must not have read the last ingredient in the recipe...cornmeal. Please don't let the one star review stop you from trying this pizza crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer combine the water and the yeast and allow the yeast to dissolve.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients except for the cornmeal and begin to mix the dough using a dough hook on low speed.
- 3Once a ball is formed mix on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until the dough becomes elastic and smooth.
- 4Remove from the mixer and place in a bowl coated with olive oil. Allow the dough to rest for approximately 4 hours.
- 5Once the dough is rested, place on flat surface and dust with some flour.
- 6Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a deep baking dish or deep dish pizza pan, or cookie sheet for a thin crust pizza, oïl the bottom and sides of the pan with your fingers, spread in the cornmeal and spread the dough using your fingers at the bottom of the pan and make sure to have enough dough to come up the sides of the pan approximately 1/2-inch high.
- 7Begin by placing a layer of the mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the crust. Cheese goes first on a Chicago Style pizza. Add the tomato sauce and all of the toppings. Place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden and crispy. If you want a regular pizza, use toppings of your cjhoice in the order of your choice.
- 8Serve pizza straight from the oven to the table.
- 9Good cold for breakfast too!
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lou Malnati's Chicago Stylepizza Crust - Dough
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 976.1
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1395.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 179.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g