Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Try it. It's different! AND pretty. You'll LOVE it!
- 1 large papaya
- 1 lb Chinese sausage (chopped) or 1 lb kielbasa (chopped)
- 1 mango (peeled, pitted, chopped)
- 2 green onions (minced)
- 2 Thai peppers (seeded, minced)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon nuoc nam
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (minced)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Heat oven 350.
- Half papyaya. Scoop out seeds. Discard.
- Chop 1/3 of the flesh. Place in a bowl.
- Reserve rest for another use.
- Salt papaya halves. Invert for 20 minutes.
- Rinse. Dry well.
- To papaya in bowl, add rest. Mix well.
- Fill papaya halves with mix.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes.
It was great, will cook it again..... If you have anymore similar recipes like this one, I would love to get them.....