Recipe by Lori 13
SAS stands for Sweet and Sour, but that is used so often that I thought I'd change the title... This is FABULOUS!
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus (trimmed, in 1 inch pieces, blanched)
- 6 plum tomatoes (seeded, julienned)
- 1⁄2 cup apricot (pitted, julienned)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (minced)
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sear chicken 3-4 minutes each side. Reduce heat. Cook through. Let cool. Slice diagonaly.
- Toss with the asparagus, tomatoes and apricots.
- Whisk together the ketchup, lemon juice, vinegar, molasses, syrup, onions, garlic, worcestershire and spices.
- Add oil until emulsified.
- Toss with mix. Cover. Chill 1 hour.