Recipe by SkyGlitter
I remember my mom making this when I was a kid. Easy to make and great with potato chips! They are sloppy so have plenty of napkins! Makes approximately 6-8 burgers if using regular size buns.
Top Review by JPsBarbie
I was looking for an alternative to just plain hamburgers or hamburger BBQ and thought I would give this a try. It was OK but I don't think I would make it again. We might have liked it more if it had been made with shredded beef rather than ground beef. It was more the texture than the taste that we had a problem with...ground beef in gravy on a roll just didn't work for us. My son had his with melted cheese and sweet/hot pickles.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef in a pot until no longer pink and drain the grease.
- Add the French Onion Soup and pepper to the ground beef and simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and increase temperature to high.
- Mix the water and cornstarch in a mug and add to the pot when it starts bubbling.
- Stir constantly for about a minute to thicken.
- Serve on buns plain or with your choice of cheese.