Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just a delicious marinade. It comes from the cookbook 'Pacific Fresh' which is one of my favorite cookbooks. You can find bottled chili sauce near cocktail sauce in the market. I grilled this and served it with red potatoes done on the grill and a green salad. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) london broil beef, about 2 inches thick
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place steak in a large ziploc bag.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over steak.
- Seal bag and refrigerate for 2-3 hours turning occasionally.
- Remove from fridge about 20-30 minutes before you are going to grill it.
- Brush a little olive oil on your grill rack and preheat the grill.
- Remove steak from marinade. Reserve a little of the marinade to brush on the steak while cooking.
- Grill, turning as needed and brushing with the reserved marinade until done to your liking.
- Mine took about 20 minutes for medium rare.
- Let stand 10 minutes and then slice thinly against the grain of the meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Awsome!!!! Grilled this tonight after placing into the freezer as a freezer meal. I made some extra marinade to serve on the side and I'm so glad I did. Mopped it up with some mashed potatoes and the steak. This was the best ever and I will be making this often!
Excellent. Used Flank Steak. Broiled 3 min. per side for med-rare. Thank you !