Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The Republic of Maldives is a sunbathed group of islands southwest of India, dotted along the Indian ocean. Lomi Lomi is sweet and tart, spicy and refreshing, yin and yang. Since it only contains three ingredients, the drink comes together very quickly. The method is easy and you can make as little or as much as you like. Enjoy! From Four Seasons Maldives.
- 1 cup ginger, peeled and grated ginger
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime juice
- 1 -3 cup honey (to taste)
- To make the ginger juice:.
- Combine 1 cup peeled & grated ginger, with 4 cups boiling water. Strain. Alternatively you can boil the ginger until it reaches desired strength.
- You can also run fresh ginger through a juicer, if you have one, but the result is much more potent, so you won’t need as much in the recipe.
- Ginger juice keeps for at least a week in the fridge.
- To make the Lomi Lomi:.
- I have put it in cups to make it easy, but here is the method to make as much or as little as you want.
- Mix 1 part ginger juice(1 cup), 1.5 parts lime juice(1 1/2 cups) and 1-3 parts honey (1-3 cups or to taste).
- Mix with lots of crushed ice, or blend the Lomi Lomi and ice together, like a frozen margherita(yum!).
- You will have enough ginger juice to make 3 more batches of Lomi Lomi!
- NOTE: Be sure to thoroughly mix the honey into the juices first while still hot, before adding the ice, or the honey will harden like rock and wont blend into the drink.