Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe from my Fijian girlfriends. Best eaten warm with a hot cuppa. Prep time does not include rising time.
- 4 cups flour, strong
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 60 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups coconut milk
- To make the buns place the flour, yeast and sugar in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and add the milk. When warm add the egg and beat well.
- Pour this into the flour mix and form into a soft dough.
- Turn out and knead until smooth and shiny - about 10 minutes.
- Place in an oiled bowl and roll the dough around until its covered in the oil.
- Cover with cling wrap and leave until double in size.
- Turn out and knock down. Divide into 15 pieces and shape each into a smooth bun shape.
- Place in greased/oiled cake pan so they are just touching and set aside to rise again until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pour over coconut milk. It should just cover the buns. Bake for 35-40 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and eat while still warm.
Great recipe easy to do. My fijian husband ate 7 at once.