Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
I had a whole steamed lobster left over from Valentine's Day, so I used it in this quick, easy microwave recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lobsters, steamed, shelled, and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- In a large pot bring water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook 9 minutes, until al dente.
- Separate the lobster tail and cut in half lengthwise, then into slices crosswise.
- Crack the claws and take out the meat.
- Add butter, garlic, and olive oil to a large microwave safe bowl and cook for 2 minutes until garlic softens.
- Add scallions, spices, and lobster and microwave an additional 1 1/2- 2 minutes until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti and add to bowl, toss and serve.
We loved this - it was delicious. Totally full of fat, but totally worth it occasionally!
Good and quick and easy!! Next time I'll get pre-split lobster tails only....didn't like cleaning the whole lobster, cracking claws etc.