Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I pulled this out of a magazine some time ago. Just found it and know why I kept it. I love the ingredients.
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- zest lime and lemon, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of lime juice and lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
- 8 slices bacon, smoked
- 12 slices challah or 12 slices brioche bread
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, cut into bit-size pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 small boston lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomatoes, thin
- Citrus Mayonnaise:.
- Combine mayonnaise, zest and juice, kosher salt, and pepper in a small bowl until blended.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- While bacon is cooking, heat broiler.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and place under broiler until first side is lightly toasted, turning sheet pan as bread toasts.
- Turn slices over to toast other sides.
- In a medium bowl, combine lobster meat and 3 tablespoons citrus mayonnaise on one side of bread slices.
- In medium bowl, combine lobster, 3 tablespoon citrus mayonnaise, and kosher salt.
- Spread remaining mayonnaise on one side of bread slices.
- Place 4 lettuce leaves on mayonnaise side of 4 bread slices.
- Top with lobster.
- Place a second bread slice, mayonnaise side up, on top lobster, gently pressing down.
- Top with remaining lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, 2 strips bacon, and remaining 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side down.
- Press sandwiches together.
- Cut in sandwiches and serve.