Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from the La Leche League International Cookbook. Nice and moist. I like to add some chopped apple.
- 2 cups la leche league baking mix (recipe available at Recipe Zaar)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter or 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup la leche league baking mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Beat sugar, egg, milk and butter.
- Stir into Mix just until moistened and fold in nuts.
- Spread batter into greased 9" round or 8" square.
- Mix toppings until crumbly and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.