Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My friend Liz is German, this is her late mothers recipe which we ate at her place the other night. Cook and prep time don't take cooling of potatoes into account. Photo includes about 1/4 red onion finely sliced.
- 1 kg small potato
- 4 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, diced, cooked
- 3 dill pickles, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes with their skins on until tender. Allow to cool, peel.
- Place in a large bowl with eggs, bacon pickles.
- Sprinkle the chicken stock powder over the potatoes, then mix gently.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together, pour over the salad and mix again gently.
- Garnish with parsley and serve at room temperature.
Yum, I made this for my father in laws birthday party/New Years eve party. I didn't change a thing on the recipe except I forgot to garnish it with parsley. I didn't taste the salad because I don't eat eggs and bacon but everyone really enjoyed it. Thank you Jan
this potato salad was delicious. I thought i would take something different to a bbq, my kids ate this and nothing else. a definate crowd and child pleaser :) many thanks