Little Smoked Salmon Cucumber Cups With Peppered Creme Fraiche
- 1 Cut the cucumber into 1 1/2 inch slices, and carefully hollow out the centre (with any seeds) with a pointed teaspoon, so you are left with a shallow hollow.
- 2 Mix the lemon zest and black pepper with the crème fraiche and adjust seasoning to taste, adding the black pepper bit by bit to ensure a favourable taste! (We like ours quite peppery!) I have not suggested salt as the smoked salmon is salty, but do add salt to taste if you wish.
- 3 Spoon a little seasoned crème fraiche into each cucumber cup, about 1 teaspoon per cup.
- 4 Cut the smoked salmon into 6-inch long strips and about 1/2 inch wide, and curl them around to make a little circle, then place the circle of smoked salmon on top of the crème fraiche.
- 5 Garnish with lemon slices if you wish, or with dill or parsley. Makes about 30 according to size of cucumber.
- 6 You can prepare the cucumber cups and crème fraiche several hours beforehand- cover them and store them in the fridge; assemble them just before you are ready to serve them.