Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These wonderful sour cream, bacon and chive-stuffed red potatoes are a perfect appetizer for any occasion. Easy to prepare ahead of time, top off with Cheddar cheese, and broil as your guests arrive.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to boil, and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, and cool in a bowl of cold water.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Remove cooled potatoes from water.
- Pat dry with a paper towel, and cut in half.
- Using a small spoon, carefully remove a small amount from center, leaving approximately 1/4 inch rim around each potato.
- Set reserved potato aside.
- In a bowl, mix together reserved potato, sour cream, bacon, seasoned salt, pepper, and chives.
- Spoon a small amount of mixture into each potato half and place on a baking sheet.
- Top each potato off with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are warmed through.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve.
I made these for an office brunch, parsley instead of chives, and I put the cheddar in the potato mixture, then topped with grated parmesan cheese--a no leftovers HIT! (half topped with bacon, half w/o for the vegetarians), gina in ga.