Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my adopted recipe and I haven't made it yet. Kids will love these tiny quiches. It's just the right size, but will also make a great hors' d'oeuvers for adults.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 2⁄3 cup shredded jarlsberg cheese
- 3 ounces chunk ham, diced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll each piecrust into a 12” circle.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut eight 3” to 3½” circle from each crust.
- Press circle into muffin pan cups, pushing crusts up to the rim, forming tartlet shells.
- Chill in freezer 5-10 minutes to firm up slightly (This will help shells hold their shape while baking).
- Fill empty muffin cups with water so quiche bakes evenly.
- Bake 6 minutes until set.
- Cool about 5 minutes on wire racks.
- Divide cheese and ham evenly among shells.
- With fork, beat together milk, eggs, salt and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture evenly over cheese and ham in shells.
- DO NOT OVERFILL.
- Bake 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer pans to wire rack and cool completely before refrigerating.
- Carefully loosen quiches from pan using a small sharp-tipped knife.
- Can be kept in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- TO FREEZE: Wrap each cooled quiche in plastic wrap and then foil.
- Freeze up to 3 months.
- A frozen quiche placed in a lunch box at room temperature will thaw in 4 hours.
DGS #2 was wanting to make breakfast and decided this would be just right as they don't like to much in the way of add-ins. He was really nervous about the nutmeg but it turned out just right and him and his very picky brother loved it. When I went to make it, couldn't find my muffin pan (got to clean out those cabinets) so rather than dealing with that issue with all the kids here decided to use an 8" round cake pan, I added one extra egg to make it fit and and then baked on 350 for 35 minutes and it was great, firm and easy to cut and serve.
This is a Tasty and simple to make great little appetizer to serve. Also the ingredients can be changed, or use vegetables
Easy and tasty. I took this to work and microwaved it for about 30 seconds.