Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
A delicious single serve fruit & nut cake treat, perfect for gatherings or to just have on hand for a nice cuppa. They keep for a long time in an air tight container and also make a lovely gift on a nice plate done up with cellophane and ribbon. Also nice to decorate the tops with a cherry or nuts.
- 550 g dried mixed fruit
- 120 g nuts (walnuts and almonds are nice)
- 60 g glace cherries
- 40 ml brandy
- 150 g butter
- 150 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 185 g plain flour
- 4.92 ml mixed spice
- Soak fruit in brandy overnight.
- Beat butter & sugar till combined. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the soaked fruit alternately with the sifted flour, mixed spice and chopped nuts. Spoon into non stick muffin tins and smooth over surface.
- Decorate with extra glace cherrie & nuts at this stage if you wish.
- Bake in 140 degrees celsius oven for 55 minutes, checking with a skewer to see if baked through.
- Allow to cool in pans.
Even though these kinds of tasties remind me of the end-of-year holidays, I never tire of making & enjoying them almost anytime of year! Fortunately I still had a small amount of the cherries left from the holidays (although they were green!), & that worked out just fine! Made these for my other half to take to & share with a group meeting he attends weekly, but held back 6 of them just to enjoy here at home! Thanks for sharing this keeper of a recipe ~ Will be making them again later in the year! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]