Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sauce has a bit of a bite to it, thanks to the crushed red pepper. My mom has been making this for years and my kids love it!
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can hunts tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a small sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
This makes homemade pizza worth making! My family loves it. I almost always make a double or triple batch and keep some in the freezer. I also use Italian seasoning blend in place of the oregano. Thanks for posting!
I've got this one saved Jacki as this is perfect for DH and DS's that like things kicked up a bit. I didn't use tomato paste and just stuck w/tomato sauce and omitted the water. Just right. Thanks for posting~
Very good pizza sauce and very easy to put together. Made this early afternoon to have with pizza tonight. I used 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning in place of just oregano and liked the flavor it gave the sauce. Other than that, made as directed. Thanks for sharing your mom's recipe.