Recipe by McFynnian
This is a lower calorie, cheap alternative to coffee shop frappuccinos.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This is a tasty alternative to the $4 version, and I am pleased to say I didn't really notice the "frankensugar" flavor I usually associate with artificial sweeteners. That said, I used Splenda as I really have an aversion to stevia. I found I needed more ice to get the consistency I wanted, but otherwise the recipe is great. Thanks for posting! Made for Summer Comfort Cafe 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk (or lite soy)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (dark or milk)
- 2 (1 g) packets stevia (or other art. sweetener)
- 3⁄4 cup coffee (triple strength)
- 2 cups ice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew coffee the night before and chill in the refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients in blender except ice and mix for half minute.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.
- *For lower calories use skim milk instead of 2%.
- **If lactose intolerant or avoiding dairy, try lite soy instead of milk.
- ***May choose to garnish with whipped cream or syrup swirls on top.