Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not too hard on the waistline. Add a bit of garlic if you want MMmmm. I don't think that your family will know that you are serving them a dish that's good for them
- Put steamed cauliflower florets in a baking dish, single layer.
- Melt marg in a skillet, add mushrooms, green onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour,salt& pepper, cook stirring constantly until the flour is incorpoarated with the mushrooms& onion.
- Slowly add milk and cook until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake 450f for about 15minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
Wow! My DH said this is the best cauliflower dish he has ever eaten! I used wild chanterelle mushrooms that we picked. I thought they might be a little strong tasting but they weren't at all. In fact, next time I will use a lot more, maybe doubling or tripling the amount with just a bit more white sauce. I steamed my cauliflower for only a couple of minutes so that it would still be crisp after the time in the oven. They were a great texture but I was prepared to fire it under the broiler if I thought they were getting too soft. I really appreciated the healthiness of this dish! Thanks, Bergy, I know I can always count on your recipes!
Yum Bergy! I did add garlic, and for DH I used the milk, but for myself I used broth in place of it. Thought there was a bit to much liquid...or it could have been thicker. Great taste, nice and healthy! Thanks!