Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Global Recipes.com
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- salt, to taste
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 12 inch skillet.
- Fry the steaks turning them over after 2 minutes or so.
- You do not want to overcook them at this point. They will finish cooking later.
- Add the cream and mushrooms to the steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and pepper and simmer over low heat.
- Simmer steaks for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
I added a little less cream and brandy than called for as I was making it for 2 servings, I also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned but made as posted and it turned out moist and delicious. Thanks so much Lynn for a lovely dinner. Made for the Dining Daredevils team for ZWT5.
This dish was just delicious. I seasoned the steaks ahead of time before frying them and the sauce was so yummy. I also added a little minced garlic and extra pepper to the sauce, thanks for sharing this! Made this for the Rail Riding Rowdies ZWT5.
Very good recipe, rather light on the seasoning. I wish I had salt & peppered the steaks before cooking. the sauce in the end needs a good dose of salt. 1/2tsp pepper wasn't even discernable. But it was tasty & i cooked thse steaks PERFECTLY. ;) Made for ZWT5 '09. p.s. be very careful when cooking with brandy....have a lid nearby in case you get FLAMES that hit the ceiling. ;)