Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Global Recipes.com
Top Review by SueVM
I added a little less cream and brandy than called for as I was making it for 2 servings, I also used fresh mushrooms instead of canned but made as posted and it turned out moist and delicious. Thanks so much Lynn for a lovely dinner. Made for the Dining Daredevils team for ZWT5.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 12 inch skillet.
- Fry the steaks turning them over after 2 minutes or so.
- You do not want to overcook them at this point. They will finish cooking later.
- Add the cream and mushrooms to the steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and pepper and simmer over low heat.
- Simmer steaks for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.