Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
makes mini cookies
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups hazelnut meal
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light. Add in the egg and mix well.
- Mix together the flour and cornstarch. Add this to the creamed mixture and blend. Mix in the hazelnut flour thoroughly.
- Form the dough into a bowl and wrap in plastic. Chill for about 4 hours.
- Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a mini cookie cutter(mini ones are widely available). Place cookie on a grease baking sheet.
- Chill the cookies for 10 minutes and preheat oven to 325°F Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.