Recipe by Expat in Holland
This recipe came from a show I was watching with Jamie Oliver. I have served it several times to seafood lovers and it is a hit. Paired with a nice white wine and salad it is a wonderful dinner.
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 2 dried chilies, crumbled
- 2 lbs clams
- 2 cups white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain.
- Meanwhile in a hot deep skillet, heat olive oil. Add pancetta. Fry until golden.
- Add shallots, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to skillet. Stir well. Sautee until veggies are tender about 3 minutes.
- Add clames and white wine. Bring to boil.
- Cook until clams open. Discard any that have not opened.
- Remove from heat and add linguine,parsley, salt and pepper. Toss until all is combined well.