Recipe by Eismeer
This is a very simple, but delicious way to enjoy aubergines and pasta. A nice starter for 6, or main for 4 people.
- 500 g linguine (or other thick pasta)
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil (fresh)
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube aubergine (~1cm).
- Boil pasta according to package description.
- Heat olive oil until very hot and add aubergine cubes. Let cubes fry until lightly/medium brown and crispy (5-10 minutes).
- Add garlic cloves and stir.
- Reduce heat and add creme fraiche.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped fresh basil. (If you like add 1 tsp butter to sauce).
- Drain pasta and mix with aubergine sauce.
- Garnish with parmesan and basil leaves.