Recipe by Chabear01
This is out of Avons International Cookbook and posted for RZ's World Tour 2006 - Sweden. Lingonberries, tiny and tart, are one of the most beloved of all Swedish foods. Look for the canned sauce in the gourmet sections of department and grocery stores. ***Again*** for those who don't know me, I don't include chilling time in prepartion or cooking times, as this is passive time and I am off doing something else.
Top Review by Creation in Hope
I made this for the Zaar World Tour II. I made this with jam instead of lingonberry sauce. I should say I did not measure I just put the jar in the recipe and it was really good it was just a little overpowering of the jam. I enjoyed it a lot and would make it again but I would measure instead of eyeing it. I should of known better that's how I get my recipes in trouble. This is a definate keeper in the recipe file. KUDOS!!
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml water
- 236.59 ml whipping cream, whipped
- 236.59 ml lingonberry sauce (if you can't find this use cranberry-orange relish instead)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan combine egg yolks, sugar, and water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly,till thickened. Cool.
- Fold into Whipped Cream. Fold in lingonberry sauce or cranberry orange relish. Turn into 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes prior to serving. Top each serving with whipped cream and grated chocolate if desired.