Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
You have to try these potatoes to see how good they are. Don't rub them with butter or oil or salt before cooking. Don't wrap them with foil and keep the temperature of the oven high. Yummmmmmy!
- 4 potatoes, very large Idaho Bakers uniform in size
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Yep, 500.
- Scrub potatoes well, dry them, and prick with a fork all over. Bake for one hour. Yep, 1 hour.
- Carefully cut potatoes open - they will be steamy and fluffy so be careful. Add optional toppings and enjoy the best baked potato you ever had!
Great potatoes. Simple and good. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag.
They are Mickies for sure! It is important to prick them as they close up the holes as they cook... if not enough holes they DO explode... ahhhh, but what a wonderful smell!
Okay - I'm a believer. I usually bake my potatoes at about 425 for an hour - sometimes they're done, sometimes they're not. This was foolproof, although I was afraid they were going to explode in the oven. I also used baked potato picks to ensure even cooking all the way through, and it cut the bake time by about 10 minutes. Thanks for posting ! This one's a keeper :)