Recipe by Nye McClelland
The lime really comes through in this recipe. I wanted something different for the kids and so I came up with this, they really like it.
Top Review by mariposa13
I made this a little different. I made it as a beer can chicken with the chicken sitting on a can of beer. I used fresh cilantro and rubbed on all the other spices. It was pretty good but I think next time it will need more spices on the inside cavity.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 1 sliced lime (with peel)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika, coriandar,oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken into a roasting pan and pour lime juice over the chicken.
- Sprinkle all of the spices over the top of the chicken and the sliced lime.
- Preheat the oven at 350.
- Roast the chicken,covered, for 1 hr.
- Turn to oven to broil and broil.
- uncovered, for 15 min while basting every few minutes.