Recipe by Ambervim
What a good idea. I noticed this in November Woman's Day. This is a great Florida take on Sugar Cookies.
- sugar cookie (your favorite recipe)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 cup coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Make your favoriet sugar cookie dough.
- Shape into 1.5 inch logs. Wrap and freeze for 20 minutes or refrigerate at least overnight.
- Slice into 1/8 inch rounds and place on silpat (or parchment) lined cookie sheets.
- Bake as usual.
- Whisk together sugar, lime juice and zest.
- Spoon the glaze over each cookie.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut on top and let them set.