Recipe by socholy
This recipe comes from the CIA in Hyde Park, NY. It is the most delicious appetizer spread! Obviously you'll need to convert the amount to suit your situation. The prep and cooking time are my estimates.
- 4 small diced onions
- 1 1⁄2 ounces minced garlic cloves
- 2 ounces Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce rosemary, minced
- 7 lbs lima beans
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 quart extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Gently heat onions in a saucepan/rondeau stirring and turning until they are translucent. Add garlic and cook.
- 2. Add stock and beans and simmer until beans are tender.
- 3.Drain beans, reserving the liquid.
- 4. Puree beans in a food processor; add oil and herbs. Adjust consistency with reserved liquid if necessary.
- 5. Cool before serving.