Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Soft, rich Norwegian cookie with a frosty top. Delicious! Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, cream together sour cream and butter. Stir in flour and chill.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut with a doughnut cutter.
- Bake until light brown, about 12 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until a thick icing forms.
- Frost with powdered sugar frosting, if desired.
A must for those of you who like shortbread-type cookies! I made half a batch and got about 35 2-inch delicate buttery cookies that melt in the mouth! They came together in a jiffy in my processor. The interesting thing is the only sweetness is in the icing and therefore can be adjusted according to preference, either just a dab or smothered! You will have to adjust the amount of icing and perhaps make it thicker (less milk, more powdered sugar). Enjoy!